Monday, November 16, 2009

A Thankful Moment

Blogger Sarah suggested the whole idea of reclaiming Thanksgiving. It means focusing on things I'm thankful for and not taking anything for granted. I love that idea, don't you? Sarah suggests living with an attitude of gratitude...or 'Thanksliving.' I decided to train myself to notice things differently in these few weeks before Thanksgiving and make a point to be thankful for them. It's easy to just march through the day, doing the things I need to, the things I'm expected to and the things that bring me from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Today was different. I saw stars through the fog before daylight...and I was grateful. And I continued finding little things and focusing on thankful thoughts. But, on my way home, for some odd reason, I took a detour...a longer, slower route...even though I was running late, it was getting dark and I had no plan for supper.

As I drove near the lakeshore, I was given a very unexpected gift. . . .a gift that brought me into the very presence of God...like nothing I've ever experienced!

I got out of my car, camera in pocket, and stood in amazement. The colors of the setting sun reflected on the calm water in such a way...that time stood still. I stayed there motionless to drink it in...I couldn't get enough...I didn't want it to end. It was overwhelming... powerful... peaceful. It was like a moment in heaven.

Thank you, God, for reaching down, pressing 'pause' and giving me yet another thankful moment.



















"He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters." Psalm 18:16

1 comment:

  1. "He leads me beside still waters; he restores my soul."

    Thank you for the reminder to be thank-ful!

    ReplyDelete