Monday, November 2, 2009

Knit 2, Purl 2

" Finishing races is important, but racing is more important."

This past week I decided to sort through all my yarn and see if I could find something that would work to make a pair of mittens or a hat for the donation basket at church.

There seems to be a contest between the knitters and crocheters to see which group can make more items. I think perhaps whatever group had fallen behind would be the team I'd join.

And so it is, that even though I do more knitting than crocheting, I had a plan to crochet a quick scarf or something and do my part to help out the crocheting team...because they are behind!

I pulled bags, boxes and drawers of yarn out of hiding.

Gracious goodness! Where did it all come from? And the unfinished projects! I really didn't realize how many there were. Kind of embarrassing!

I decided to choose at least 3 of the unfinished projects and finish them. If that goes well, I'll choose another one or two and and work on them. Good plan. Time to choose.

Project #1
A colorful afghan. Wow, didn't get too far with that, did I? I think I quit because I didn't really like the colors once I got into it. I could rip this one up and try a new pattern.


Project #2.
Baby cardigan. Not bad! I could finish this for my grandbaby...might even fit him if I can get it done in the next month!

Project #3.
A dish cloth, I think. Hmmmm.

Project #4. Nice pink mittens. Nothing fancy.
Someone's cold hands might like to be cuddled by these.

Project #5.
Oh, yeah. I remember this. I used the wrong size needles and came up with King Kong's right hand mitten. Then I set it aside and made a pair using the proper needles and the same navy blue yarn. No more of this yarn left so this one goes to the Island of Misfit Mittens.

Project #6.
Hey, this one's almost done! But why would anyone make a baby sweater out of gray yarn? It's not even cute or anything!



Project #7.
At least this is the right colors for a little person. I bet my mom could help me sew this one up and make it presentable. It could go to the church basket. Darn, that would mean the knitter group would get another point...I better get my crochet hooks going!


Project #8.
What the heck is this?

Project #9.
A scarf? A test? Something for the cat to play with?



Okay, I've chosen my three projects. If this goes well.....I've got a winter full of sewing projects to tackle! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/11/09

    You are your mother's daughter ~ ~ sorry but knitting happens

    ReplyDelete